LABOUR DOULA SERVICES
“I couldn’t have done it without you” – Janice
Finding a doula to accompany you in the birth of your child is one of the steps to creating the experience you want. Whether birthing in hospital or at home, with a doctor or midwife, a first baby or a fourth, a doula helps to make birth a better exprience for everyone involved.
Our package is customizable so you can build what you really need. we are also willing to work on a sliding scale and in the past have used the barter system in exchange for our services. If finances are difficult, we encourage you to contact us so we can discuss your situation.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
What makes us different is that because we are a collective, we work on a team. In essence, you are getting three doulas for the price of one. This means that you get the experience of three professionals, the opinions and information from three professionals, and the support of three professionals who handle your care together. We will be looking out for you as a team and we’ve always got your best interests in mind.
|LABOUR DOULA PACKAGE
Our package is customizable! You can add in or remove things to make it fit you just right.
– Complimentary no-obligation initial interview
– 2 Prenatal visits – discuss your birth wishes and options, go over your birth plan (optional), discuss medical and natural comfort options, questions and answers, go over community resources etc.
– Doula on call 24/7 starting at 38 weeks until birth
– Birth support for the duration of labour until up to 2-3 hours after birth
– help with initial breastfeeding and settling in
– Backup doula always available in case of need
– Unlimited phone, text and email support during on-call period
– check in phone call withing 48 hrs of the birth
– 2 post-partum visits within the first 6 weeks after birth
Cost : $ 950 +HST
sliding scale is available
additional prenatal or postpartum visits can be arranged for $25 an hour – these visits usually last between 1-2 hours
This is a listing of discounted prices for our add-ins.
Discounts are applicable if the add-ins are booked at the time of hiring.
- additional pre- or postpartum visits: $25
- postpartum support hours: $25/hour
- a belly casting or henna belly blessing: $100
- placenta encapsulation (basic): $175
- placenta encapsulation (keepsake): $200
- placenta encapsulation with tincture: $200
- Placenta encapsulation complete package: $220
- custom aromatherapy blends for labour or pre/post natal comfort: $20+HST
If you see anything missing that you may need, let us know!
|POSTPARTUM SUPPORT – $25/HOUR
In Postpartum support your Doula is there to ease the transition into having a new baby at home by offering our hands, our knowledge and one-on-one attention in those early days.
This may include:
- light housework such as laundry and dishes and tidying up
- playing with and entertaining older siblings
- preparing snacks and picking up groceries
- helping with baby care – assist in breastfeeding or bottle feeding, bathing, changing, and sometimes just holding the baby so you can shower and have some lunch.
- accompanying you to appointments if you need extra hands
- counsel, answer questions and provide information about the latest and most recent evidence-based knowledge about baby care
postpartum hours must be booked in advance.